Saturday, 15 September 2018

Journey and Advices of a CA student

Hey you all,

I know you people almost gave up on my writing. Believe me I did too. But these random thoughts needs to be fixed. That can happen only if I let it go or write it down. But the words which I let go come back and haunt me, disturbing my other thought process.

The subject I chose today is something I always wanted to write. For those of you who don't know, I am a Chartered Accountancy student. No, not those who are cool headed and enjoy life and exam, the other kind.Never had courage to write on this topic cause I don't have that prefix yet. But then I saw few other people like me. Some help is always great help for those who need. So decided to write it down.

After giving few attempts in my exam I went through lot of Google search, Contacted people, asked questions (to lot of people who don't even have idea), Irritated lot of my friends with anything and everything which comes to my mind. My brothers were fed up of my other business idea's I guess, but they never lost hopes on me. Quora was my new fond love where I can read the questions similar to my insecurities and get somewhat reasonable answers. I knew something was wrong but didn't know what.

Now when I see the whole journey till now like a third person I realised that exams were kind of trial and error for me. I saw people succeed in first attempt. I was very happy for them. But I saw people struggle for years, going to depression, giving up. The second category was more. I was scared which resulted in low self esteem. I had a lot of excuse. People who had faith in me were reducing. I entered a shell. Never opened up to any. Stopped other work. Sleep was my first choice. I used sit for hours holding a book not and moving a page. Tried to escape studies in every way possible. I even got a panic attack during the last exam cause I thought I will fail. For a brief period of time I thought I got depression. I almost gave up.

I guess I am still here just cause my parents and family who always believed I can( might also be because my astrologer believes so 😜😜). They pumped me by blaming everything else except me. My friends, who could talk to me in same tone even after one call a year, making me realise they will always be there for me.

Now having final exam ahead(also after few quora searches and talking to lot of other CAs and CA students) I realise only hard work can add prefix to your name (with a pinch of luck ofcourse). It also requires skills like mental stability, planning, patience, self confidence and most importantly focus.

My advices to you-

1. You should understand your strength and weakness to plan the resources properly. Laziness can cost you 6 month as CA exam happens twice in a year.

2. You should believe in yourself and shouldn't expect help from others. As Sudha Murthy says, you should become your own best friend. You are capable, thats why you are here.

3. You might feel like giving up but don't. It's just the struggle you are facing, Top view is something different.

4. Take breaks. You as a person is much more than CA related activity. Cultivate a habit and do that regularly. (Doing some other thing you like= happy mind= more effective study)

5. No one will feel bad if aren't receiving their call or comment on their photo while you studying.Keep your mobile in flight mode. You can do all those during break.

6. Don't go in a shell. Talk to people. That might console you or give you input for better result. But do it only when you are free. And don't let ANYONE send you negative vibes.

7. Don't get distracted while studying. Plan your studies in a practical way. Keep time for distraction as well.

8. Tune your mind daily saying it has lot of work to do in future. Mental health plays a major role in CA.

9. Do some exercise. Or else body will not listen to your routine.

10. Eat healthy. Health is also a reason for failure.

11. MOST IMPORTANT DONT COMPARE YOU TO ANYONE. Everyone is different. What might work for them might not work for you.

As friend of mine was telling, CA is a complete package where you will also learn LIFE LESSONS.

Lots of love,
Vaishnavi

P.s- If having query relating to studies, search for QUORA πŸ˜›

11 comments: