It isn't now, from the time of Veda it is said that 'Acharya Devo Bhava' which basically says a teacher is equalent to GOD. The rank of Guru/ Teacher is right after our parents. Who is a teacher then? if a person teaches you even a single letter, he should be respected like a Teacher.
Indian history has lots of stories relating to the Teacher-student relationship.(Samartha Ramdas-Shivaji, chanakya-maurya,Ramakrishna paramahamsa- Vivekananda) Even Indian mythology has lot of stories relating to this holy relationship. (Ekalavya-drona, Vishwamitra-Ram&Lakshman,Valmiki-Lav&Kush)
The present day which we celebrate is because of Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, a great scholar himself. Everyone loved him so much that they wanted to celebrate his birthday. This great man denied and said the same day can be celebrated as teacher's day.
I have a very special bond with the teachers day. Being in a family which had teachers from last 3 generation I get to see the amount of respect they have earned everywhere. It is truly a proud feeling I tell you. From childhood I understood one thing whatever you do in life the people you would remember the most are the teachers who gave you life lessons, who heard you patiently and also who genuinly cared for you.
I take this moment to thank each of the precious teachers of my life. My paternal grandfather, teacher himself taught to be punctual, respect people and condemn the wrong even when the another person is more strong than you are(it takes lot of courage). My paternal granny who taught me to enjoy the nature right from my childhood, all the Ramayana Mahabharata stories with morale she would tell me every single night. My maternal grandfather, a great businessman and a very hardworking man taught me value of each penny. My maternal granny who is also a teacher developed me as a writer. She used to teach me English and literature in the short time we visited her. My mom, also a teacher taught me a lot of stuff. The most important one was to control emotions and love your family no matter what. My dad, who taught me to read even when I dint go to school. He used to bring me books when I was 2 and till now he dint stop. He also taught me to stay on my words. All my uncle and aunts, other grand parents from both maternal and paternal side who gives me the live example of 'ham saath saath he'.All my cousins and friends who teach me unconditional love exists.
My primary teachers-pushpa teacher ,harada teacher, PT teacher who deleveloped my questioning mind. Who would answer patiently to ALL my doubts. Muralidhar Sir, who made me love MATHS.
My highschool techers- Games Sir, Ramakrishna sir, Ramachandra Sir, Manya, Shriman who taught us beauty of language. Narayan Sir, who would teach all subject with ease. My tutors for maths who used to teach maths without taking a penny. Veena teacher who taught us science. Dennis sir who used to love me like his own daughter and also used to modulate his voice to keep us away from sleep.
My pu teachers- Geetha mam, Chanchala mam, Anjana mam,Jyoti mam, Saraswati mam, Geetha mam,Shridevi mam,Ashwini mam,Sindhu mam, Pooja mam, Pratiksha mam, Muralidhar Sir.
My degree teachers- Karla sir, who would get the shit out of you if you dint score full marks in internals. Anil Sir, who would say talk how much ever you want to but the voice shouldn't go out of the class. Maiyya Sir, a very sweet person by nature. Vasumati mam, who would summarise whole childhood of yours by mythological stories. Mamatha madam,who would genuinely answer the doubts and give us atleast 5mins of extra time to speak. Shridhar Sir, whom noone can beat in terms of knowledge. Supriya mam, Keerthi mam, Sandhya mam, Vasanta mam, Shrinivas sir(famously known as Vajramuni), Manjunath Sir, Luv Raj Sir. Kusuma mam, who never taught me but she was the best principal. Suchith Sir, with whom I always used to chitchat.
My Professional Course teachers-
Santosh Sir- who used to teach wrong part first and make us understand it's wrong before teaching right part. Shilpa mam- who always emphasized the value of basic. Kiran Sir, a best person I know. Madhukar Sir,Umesh sir and Abhijith sir who used to teach law.
My Principal, staff
My other teachers-
Satyacharan sir(master mam)- who taught me classical music, bharatanatyam teacher and her sister who taught us Carnatic music and Bhatanatyam, Dinesh Bappa who taught harmonium Tejaswi, Prakshith and Keertan Anna for photography and Arjun Bhat for blogging lessons.
GOPI SIR, the best teacher and person out there. Whom I adore and can't describe in words.
Chitra Mam, my beloved teacher who always taught on real Time basis and lessons required in life.
ANIL Kumar Nayak- My first teacher who taught me lot of things and also if I won't add his name he will feel bad.(Just kidding 😛)
Happy teacher's Day to each of the teacher who taught me. Thank you all.
P.s- I could not write all the name but I have respect for each one of the people who taught me.
With lots of love,
Vaishnavi
You forgot the lessons which i taught you? 😐
ReplyDeleteAww! Sorry for that😅
DeleteU could have added my name as well����...I really don't know what i have taught..but i think u have learnt something from me��...just kidding��..a very nice blog vaish�� keep posting..I will definitely read if u send me the link�� (I really don't have the time to follow up u know that��)..
ReplyDeleteThanks Ambika😃 you are a sweetheart ❤️
ReplyDelete